Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon

So I have been doing a lot of blog stalking lately and thought now more then ever would be a great time to start. It is a new beginning for me. I am basically starting my life over again.

I was reflecting last night on my life as of now. I am very excited to see where my life is. I have been trying to center my life on Christ and what He wants for me. It all started in January when the church did the 21 day fast. It really opened my eyes to what it truly means to be completely focused on God. Even though since then I have had some major life changing experiences I have grown closer through those experiences.

Moving back home so suddenly and unexpected was very hard for me. I didn't want to leave the church that I have finally felt at home at. I didn't want to leave the friends I considered family and I didn't want to leave my independence. It was a very hard adjustment. Coming back to a place where I truly had nobody but my family. I had no friends my age or anything. I am still trying to adjust to that and I am blessed for the people God has put in my life.

Coming back to a church that is totally different from St. Paul's was probably my biggest challenge. Not only are the messages delievered differently but the worship was not what I had finally accustomed my life to. But God has truly blessed me with the ability to be on the worship teams. He has truly used my gift of true worship to our church's advantage. Worship in my church now has changed since my gifts have been shown. I'm not saying it is all me...because it isn't...God truly knew what He was doing. He was preparing me in Salisbury to come back and show this church what worship is about. For the first time in my Christian walk I am not afraid to worship the way I want. A few weeks ago I broke out of the final shell and worshipped without shoes...you're probably thinking "big deal"...it is a big deal...(traditional church + no shoe worship=what the heck??)...For the first time in a long time people have raised their hands in my church and truly have been worshipping. It is so great.

God has brought some amazing Godly people into my life and I am excited for what else those people are going to bring.

I would write more but I already feel like I wrote a novel. More to come later. :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Portrait' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP